Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm a Runner, again!

2007 basically sucked for me.

I got sick for a long time and lost a lot of my physical fitness gains that I had achieved in 2005/2006. One of those gains was running. Real running, like for an hour at a time. This was new and very cool for me. A run can feel good; amazing, really. So, when my body revolted and I couldn't run anymore, it was devastating, painful. I was truly hurt that my body would do that to me. I really couldn't understand what happened (although, some suspect with my running and Aikido and the gym and school and work I was doing to much, and despite all the clues my body was giving me, I just wouldn't take the hint).

I am pretty much all better, although I have a bit more asthma than I did before all of this. I have started clawing back some of those gains that I lost last year. This spring I started running again. At first it was pretty painful; also, I am in perpetual fear of overdoing it and hurting myself again. Then there is the asthma, which makes the first 20 mins or so more uncomfortable that they used to be.

In the last couple of weeks I have finally been getting my times up into the 40 & 50 min range (I have no idea the distances I run) and the hills are getting easier! After all the kinks have been worked out my body almost fluid.

It's starting to feel amazing again.

I fell so much better. My self confidence and love of life is growing again. I think it will be easier to eat better as well. Who need a date square when I feel this good!

Thank you, life.

1 comment:

Jelaina said...

Yipee! That's great -- mind you date squares are still good for all occasions.. hmmm