Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I went camping!


Neil, Dan, Jel and Me



On the ferry to Naniamo





We set up camp in the rain and then partied until the wee hours of the morning.



In the morning, we inspected our creative use of the car to put up the tarp. Interesting.

I am especially pleased that not only did my tent get set up, but I actually got to use it as well. I'm not sure, but I do believe, while this is the forth time being set up in my care, it is the first time I've actually used it!





We went to Long Beach. It was stunning, even with the cloudy day.



I got to play on some cool rocks!





We walked around a rain forest trail. There are huge trees there. The one above looks much larger in real life.



We visited Tofino and chilled on the docks there, as well as having some much missed coffee.





Day two and we get to see Long beach in the sun. We even went swimming in the ocean. Since there were four of us, we didn't dither about, whining about the cold. It was awesome!!



Of course, I needed to take a knitting picture. I didn't have my sock with me, just a dishclothe in progress.



After the swim, we headed back to the ferry terminal (a 3 hour drive). We missed the 5:20pm ferry. While we waited to see if we could get on the 7:05 ferry, we chilled in the sun and played Rummy.
When we missed the 7:05 ferry, we headed to a pub for some refreshments. We didn't get home until late.

It was an awesome time and we already have plans in progress to do this again.

No comments: