Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gibson's Fibre Arts Festival (or my weekend)

This past weekend I went to Gibson's for the annual Fibre Arts Festival. This was my second time there, and the only reason it wasn't as good as last year was because my friend Jel couldn't make it. We had a hoot last year, freaking out the muggles on the seabus & ferry with our knitting & spinning.

This year was nice thought. I got to hang out with my "adopitve parents", Reg & Mary, who I have been neglecting since last year! Hopefully this year I will remember that I don't need an excuse to visit them.



Here's Reg falling in love with a Saori No Mori loom.

One of my favorite parts of going to Gibson's is getting there.
I am totally in love with the ferry ride.
I generally stare out the window regardless of where I am travelling, but for this trip, it's especially rewarding. The view is absolutely spectaculare.

The way to Gibson's was cloudy, but nice, great for taking pictures.







The way home was what one might call miserable, but I spent the whole time on the deck, getting soaking wet. Who cares when you have a view like this?





The cloudy, rainy weather makes for some great misty mountain shots.

1 comment:

Stitchy said...

Really beautiful photos.

Damn, I wish I had've known about the Gibson fibre festival! Next time...
See you next Meet Up.