Friday, August 22, 2008

do i really want to say this outloud?

I screwed up, and I really don't want to say anything because people I know might read this. Like my sister. This would be why I didn't write anything here for the last little while, sorry about that.

The story would be about how I forgot to apply for student loans till just 3 days before tuition was due, and got myself in such a pickle last week that I am eating oatmeal for the next 3 weeks. Mmmm, oatmeal.

I do need to say a huge Thanks to my friend Jel, who said that she would back me up if I needed it. Thankfully, I didn't and so far don't, but just being there, just saying it, is huge to me. Thank you.

Another big thanks goes to my landlord, who, while teasing me mercilessly about it, is giving me an extension on my rent.

So, my tuition is paid and I have enough money & food in my fridge that I won't go hungry till my student loan goes through. All is well. Nothing like a little adrenaline to get the heart going and make you look at your life again. I must say that, despite my stupidity, my life is pretty darn good.

In other news, it's the Gibsons Landing Fibre Arts Festival this weekend and I'm going up to visit some friends and check out the fibre. Wish me luck on not buying anything. :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You silly girl. do I scare you that much. like I've never fucked up? I'm glad to hear that things are going well and you have gotten your student loans. I hope that when all of this schooling is done for you you will be able to pay for it all. Now that I'm done I have less $ cause everyone wants me to pay them back. oh well. I am going to try and pay off the College loans and then that will reduce my $ outflow, or change it to and outflow I like better.
Don't worry about F up. I'll still love you. I just want the best for you, but I want that for everyone. so I'll start making it happen for me. Be the change you want the world to make - Ghandi.

Love
(20081111)